TAKE UP THE FULL ARMOR....Eph. 6:10-17
As I was backing out of my daughter's driveway several weeks ago, I noticed she had come running out of the door, waving me down before I drove off to take Jaxson to kindergarten for her.
I rolled down my window and before I could ask what I had forgotten, she said, "Mom, tell Jaxson to put his armor on!" I was going to ask if I had forgotten a costume or something, when out of the back seat came an all-knowing little 5 year old voice, "Oh YEAH!! Okay, Mom, I will!" HE knew exactly what she meant!
She waved and blew kisses at him, and he at her...a bond between a mother and her firstborn is a beautiful sight to behold.
As I continued to drive out of the neighborhood, I glanced in the rear view mirror to witness Jaxson touch his head in the backseat as he said, "I will put on my "Helmet of Salvation"..."That is so my mind is not afraid," said my precious boy.
He touched his tummy saying, "And I will put on my Breastplate of Righteousness...say it with me, Honey, Breastplate of Righteousness...," and so, of course, I said it! When a 5 year old tells you to armor up - you do it and don't ask questions!
I watched as Jaxson pointed to his
waist and put on
his "Belt of Truth", like he has seen
in his poster that hangs on the back door so
that he sees it before
he leaves the house every day.
in his poster that hangs on the back door so
that he sees it before
he leaves the house every day.
Then he pretended like he was
slipping on shoes as he put on the
shoes of the "Gospel of Peace".
Then, because no good soldier goes out
without his weapons, Jaxson waved one
hand in the air as he took up his shield
of faith. The other hand followed, flailing wildly as if to
fight off the unseen forces that would gladly
foil all of the Savior's plans for us. "Honey,
do this." Jaxson said, so I waved my hand
in the air as well as Jaxson (and I) took up the
Sword of the Spirit!
I was close to tears by this time for many reasons...not the least of which was, how many of us are fortunate enough to watch our grandchildren put on the armor of the Lord?
I was also so humbled and thankful for a daughter and son-in-law who, in the wisdom of parents convicted of raising their children to be strong leaders, have made sure that their boys do not leave the house without their armor on!
"Now I am ready, Honey!" proclaimed Jaxson! "Honey, Mom says we have to make sure
we have our armor on every day so that we can be strong and courageous for Jesus."
I will never leave my house again without my armor on...
I have been commissioned by a 5 year old!
ALL ARMORED UP AND READY FOR THE DAY!
ARE YOU?
ARMOR UP --- PASS THE WORD!




Love it, love it, love it!
ReplyDelete