"For faith comes from hearing and hearing by the Word of Christ."
Romans 10:17

Thursday, November 5, 2009

LOVE SEES MORE



Love is not blind - it sees more, not less.
But because it sees more,
It is willing to see less.
Rabbi Julius Gordon

I am working on my vision…it is a choice I have made to love deeper. Not a blind love; honest love, a love that sees the truth of a soul and chooses to look past the imperfections and straight to the possibilities. I have the privilege of witnessing testimonies of lifetimes filled with true love. Generations of a family who chose to look each other boldly in the face – or better yet, in the heart – and made the decision that we will love. Through infatuation, right past our weaknesses, beyond even the ugliest parts of us, away from the influence of obsessions so often mistaken for love in Hollywood. We choose love.

Authentic, sincere, bona fide “I am lost without you; I am a better person because of you; You drive me nuts; Get out of my face; I can’t believe you did that; I forgive you; I am thankful for you; Thanks for sticking by me…” kind of love.

Bound not just through ceremonies and rings, but because we are compelled in our spirits to hold onto those things we deem most dear, namely each other.

Blessings of a lineage that has held firm for many years, and now shows its fruition in the lives of the generations that have followed. Not perfect lives, mind you, but much loved lives that have chosen to “see” each other in a different light, or more importantly, Light.

Without even being aware of it for the most part, we have chosen as a family to “see” each other through our Father’s eyes:

Eyes that choose not to focus on the outer parts, but the inner parts
Eyes that have chosen to remember the accomplishments and not the failures.
Eyes that have deliberately looked past embarrassing failures when we have fallen so short of God’s plan for us…not because we are in denial and are ignoring it, but because we choose to see the failure but focus beyond it, and fix our eyes on the possibilities that exist deep in the heart of a broken soul.

Eyes that concentrate on the strengths and potential of each individual being and celebrates those things God delights in as He watches over us.

I love my family and those things that we have chosen to “see” in each other. We have elected to establish a “more” and “less” kind of legacy.

Less of our humanness…More of God’s promise in us
Less accusations….More redemption
Less disappointment…More of our potential
Less of our flaws…More of our attributes
Less grudge holding…More forgiveness, and then a little more forgiveness, and then even more forgiveness…over and over…inside and out…forever and ever…forgiveness.

God is not blind in his love for us. He sees more, not less. And because He sees more…He is willing to see less.


PASS THE WORD



“…I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness.” Jer. 31:3
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I love you Deb! You sure know how to pass on the warm fuzzies! =)

    ReplyDelete