"For faith comes from hearing and hearing by the Word of Christ."
Romans 10:17

Thursday, January 14, 2010

NEW OBJECTIVES

Usually a new year brings with it a sense of anticipation.
Excitement over what the new year might bring, new experiences, new people, new babies, new joys. And so we toast with a "Happy New Year" and look forward to all of the possibilities it offers.
I could not toast to a "Happy" new year, this year. I am getting ready to once again try to eradicate this blood disease from my body and that will entail a year of chemo in the form of Interferon shots and lots of pills to take. And while I am not afraid of the treatment and what it might bring...I am not looking forward to it.

If last time was any indication then:


Then I'll be spending a lot of time here...


Taking a lot of these...


Hoping they don't make kneel in front of this!!!!!
Sorry for the indelicacies...but this was my view for 4 months of 2006!


So I have made a commitment that I will spend my time in bed focusing
more on this...or more importantly...HIM.


And hang onto every word in this!

And allow these songs to minister to my heart as I worship...
I will cling to the hope that this time will be better, and
Count my blessings for all of the wonderful family and friends whose prayers and love will get me through this next year!
I will do whatever I need to do to get well...


So I can swing with him...


and jump on the bed with  him...


And snuggle with him!

And when all is said and done...I pray that the testimony of God's work during this time will bring Him glory and honor...

And while I am not looking for this to be a new year of "Happiness",
I am counting on this to be a year of "Blessing and Hope"...and that sounds better than "Happy" to me.

Because ultimately...I want to grow old with him.

"Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart." Jer.29:12,13 

So lift your glasses with me for a toast..."To searching after God with all our hearts..."
Because there is good news for those of us searching with all our  hearts
He promises we will find Him!
PASS THE WORD



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment